MLG Construction Levels Up with Successful Autodesk Build Implementation
MLG Construction was asked to utilize and optimize the usage of Autodesk Build on a large-scale construction project. This would be their first time using the software, so they needed to overcome a knowledge gap and successfully implement their project. The owner requested that Autodesk Solution Provider TPM provide multiple training sessions and a project kickoff meeting for the owner and other stakeholders.
MLG Construction had two overarching goals:
- Understand the functionality of Autodesk Build and the efficiency gains it could introduce to their business and become proficient in its use so that MLG Construction can successfully push forward with construction technology and augment its tech stack.
- Start their first project in Autodesk Build and successfully train the owner and multiple stakeholders for a central source of truth regarding project information throughout the construction lifecycle.
The following solutions were implemented:
- An Autodesk Gold Partner, TPM, partnered with MLG Construction to provide a test (sandbox) project for MLG Construction to learn in a hands-on approach.
- To ensure project success, TPM supplied MLG Construction with in-depth/hands-on training to cover critical workflows and concepts within Autodesk Build.
- Project meetings were held to ensure that the owner and key project stakeholders were comfortable moving forward with Autodesk Build on their first project as the right project and construction management solution for all parties involved.
- Ongoing / ‘on-call’ project support was provided, with TPM stepping in and assuring proper roll-out and effective use of the tools to ensure all project stakeholders were on the same page.
The outcome was two-fold:
- MLG Construction is now thoroughly trained and optimized regarding using Autodesk Build and ready to implement on future projects.
- MLG Construction was able to eliminate manual/disparate processes in their project and construction management workflows by utilizing a centralized data platform in Autodesk Build.
Each construction company has unique needs from a software and technology standpoint. Some prefer to test and implement solutions on their own with internal staff. Others need a partner like TPM to step in and ensure success. In this case, MLG Construction selected TPM to assist in rolling out Autodesk Build so that they could meet the owner’s requirements and focus on their core business, building.
Lyle Gurley from MLG noted that due to the hands-on approach provided by TPM, he now has “a better understanding and confidence level using and maneuvering around in the program.” The win-win situation at the end of the day!
- BIM 360 Build
- Assessment of Needs
- Pipeline Development
- Process Automation
- Strategy & Planning
- Workflow Optimization
- Optimize Accelerator Delivery
- Configuration & Deployment
- System & Software Maintenance
- System Integration
- Updates & Upgrades