Create a 2D Layout with AutoCAD and the Factory Design Utilities
In this module, you will develop a 2D and a 3D factory layout by leveraging assets from the Autodesk Factory Design Utilities.
0:00 / 0:00
Exercise: Create a 2D Layout with AutoCAD and the Factory Design Utilities
- Place the provided dataset on your computer or network and create an Inventor project file with the dataset folder as the workspace.
- In AutoCAD, open Factory Footprint.dwg from the dataset folder.
- Attach Production C. Start as an external reference, making sure to place the Xref at 0,0.
- Save the parent file Factory Footprint.dwg.
- Right-click on the reference drawing and select Open Xref. This will display the Production C – Start.dwg in a window by itself.
- Leave your drawing in its current state and proceed to the next unit’s exercise.