Provide Project Information
0:00 / 0:00
Exercise: Provide Project Information
Task 1: Define the criteria for your information requirements in sufficient detail to meet your project-specific BIM objectives and goals.
- Define the information requirement owner and receiver of information for each project-specific BIM Use Case.
- Describe the purpose for which your project information requirements are needed to other organisations and individuals who must know those requirements to specify or inform their work.
- Define the required quality, quantity and granularity of information that should be provided as a minimum for each of the three data types within your building information models at each stage of your project, including geometrical information, alphanumerical information, and information for documentation.
- Define the criteria against which the information deliverables will be checked before acceptance, using your project’s information standards, methods, and procedures.
- List all current asset information, industry standards, shared resources, and other supporting documents that can assist the prospective lead appointed party in fully understanding your information requirements.
- Document the date or frequency relative to your project’s information delivery milestones to define when the information needs to be exchanged.