In this module, you will learn how to create an exploded view of an assembly, prepare images for assembly or service instruction, and export an assembly or service animation.
This module takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- Create an exploded view of the assembly
- Capture Snapshots of the stages of assembly
- Create output for use in the publishing tools
- Export an animation of the assembly process
About the author
This module was developed and recorded by Thom Tremblay, Mechanical Engineer, Author, and Certified Instructor. In 1988 Thom Tremblay started working as a drafter and mechanical designer in shipbuilding, planning, casework, commercial electronics, and centrifugal compressors eventually led Thom using his skills to teach others. With over twenty years of experience consulting with businesses and educational institutions of all types and sizes, Thom has developed an understanding of how people use and learn technologies. Thom also holds professional certifications in Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor and is an Autodesk Certified Instructor. Thom has authored several books and online learning content on Autodesk Inventor and is authoring online learning content for Fusion 360.
Before you start
- Please make sure you have Autodesk Inventor software loaded.
- If you have technical difficulties, please reach out to product support.