Welcome to Model Coordination Setup for Automatic Clash Detection. Cloud-based collaboration fundamentally changed the way the AEC industry worked by allowing various disciplines to work in a real collaborative way. The Model Coordinate module, which is included in the BIM Collaborate Pro and BIM Collaborate offerings, takes it to the next level by allowing the teams to automatically detect, review, and resolve clashes on their projects. In this module, you learn how to activate the Model Coordination service on a cloud-based project and then create one or multiple Coordination Spaces. You then understand the file formats that can be used for clash detection using the Model Coordination module. You then set up and upload Autodesk Revit models for automatic clash detection. Finally, you familiarize yourself with the Model Coordination Interface.
This module takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- Activate the BIM 360 Model Coordination Service and create Coordination Spaces
- Set up Revit models for Automatic Clash Detection
- Familiarize yourself with the Model Coordinate Interface
This module requires user-level knowledge of BIM 360 and is focused on best practices and its industry applications. If you don't have experiences with this product, we recommend you to take foundational training using one of the resources below:
- Built-in tutorials, available via in-product Help
- eLearning Partners
- Authorized Training Centers
About the author
This module was created by Deepak Maini.
Before you start
- Please make sure you have the BIM 360 software loaded.
- If you have technical difficulties, please reach out to product support.