Learn how to get model building foundations ready for structural analysis by starting with the bearing walls in the foundation. Next, add isolated foundation pads with and without piers. Complete the sub-structure model with strip foundations underneath the bearing walls.
This content takes approximately 25 minutes to complete. By the end, you should be able to:
- Add bearing walls.
- Assign materials to the model objects so that they have a consistent concrete specification.
- Place a series of individual rectangular pads under the bearing wall in the lower level of the building.
- Place a series of rectangular pads with a pier that will connect to the steel columns in the section of the building.
- Although not required for analysis, join separate foundation objects so that they merge together geometrically.
- Add strip foundations demonstrating an automatic layout as well as how to adjust individual foundations.
- Add an additional foundation slab to see how it automatically merges with the strip foundations.