- + 3
Model Coordination for Operations Layout and Planning
This course teaches you how all 3D models developed as part of the operations layout and planning process can be combined to develop a federated model. This allows multiple disciplinary design teams to review their completed designs and complete analysis such as clash detection, reducing the likelihood of errors and rework during installation.
Having completed this course, you will be able to:
- Import 3D models into Navisworks to create a federated .nwc model
- Upload the .nwc to Autodesk Docs using Vault Project Sync
- Create a Coordination Space in Model Coordination Module
- Complete Clash Detection using Model Coordination
- Track and Resolve clash issues
Before you start
- Please make sure you have the Navisworks and Vault Professional software loaded.
- If you have technical difficulties, please reach out to product support.
In this module, we will begin to discuss how you can develop a federated model within Navisworks. For operations layout and planning, the development of a federated model allows design teams from different disciplines to review their designs in position and complete clash detection.
Learn how to securely sync selective data to extended project teams with Vault and BIM 360.
Before you can review models for clashes in the Autodesk Construction Cloud, you must set up the coordination space. This module teaches you how to properly set up the project coordination space and review clashes against multiple project models simultaneously. You will also learn how to address the clash issues, once they are found.
In this module, you will learn how to download Model Coordination issues inside Revit, edit clashing elements to resolve clashes, and then publish and share the updated models to review the resolved clashes.