Connect to Forge Using Postman
CSO-A-RW0003-3-2-Connect to Forge Using Postman
0:00 / 0:00
Visualize Building Performance Data with Forge
1-2-Connect to Forge Using Postman
- Go to http://www.postman.com/downloads to download the Postman installer. Install the software after downloading it.
- Open the Postman application, click the “Collections” tab then the “Import” button.
- Browse to the dataset you downloaded for this course. Click the “Forge Building Performance.postman_collection.json” file. This will import the collection of steps to connect to Forge.
- Click the “Manage Environments” button on the upper right of the Postman interface.
- Click the “Import” button then browse to the dataset you downloaded for this course. Select the “Forge Building Performance.postman_environment.json” file. This will import the environment variables you will use to connect to Forge.
- Enter your Client ID and Client Secret information in the “client_id” and “client_secret” fields in the Manage Environments dialog. Click the “Reset All” button to copy the values to the “Current Value” column. Scroll down and click the “Update” button when complete.
- Set the current environment to “Forge Building Performance” by clicking the drop-down in the upper-right of the Postman interface.
- Click through the steps in the “Forge Building Performance” collection.
- In step 3.B, upload the “PerformanceApp.zip” file included in the dataset for this course.
- In step 5.B, upload the “Medical Center_2020.rvt” included in the dataset for this course.
- Once you complete step 6.A and the WorkItem completes process, download “resultsFile.csv” using the URL generated in step 5.D.
- Open the “resultsFile.csv” file in Excel and examine the extracted data.