This module is designed to provide the essentials skills and several advanced skills required for using AutoCAD® Electrical in a production environment. During the module, students will learn to use project-related tools to access/edit drawings, edit and draw with commands that are specific to the electrical design environment, insert/create schematic and panel symbols, generate Bill of Materials, Wiring and other reports.
This module covers schematic editing and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- Use Basic Editing Tools
- Swap and Update Blocks
- Use Electrical Audit and Drawing Audit
- Update and Retag the Schematic Editing
This module requires working knowledge of AutoCAD®, working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, 8, or 10 operating systems, and a background in electrical design. The module is focused on best practices and its industry applications. If you don't have experiences with AutoCAD®, we recommend you to take foundational training using one of the resources below:
- Built-in tutorials, available via in-product Help
- eLearning Partners
- Authorized Training Centers
About the author
This module was created by Tiffany Bachmeier, Consulting Delivery Manager.
Before you start
- Please make sure you have the AutoCAD software loaded.
- If you have technical difficulties, please reach out to product support.