This module is designed to provide the essentials skills and several advanced skills required for using AutoCAD® Electrical in a production environment. During the module, students will learn to use project-related tools to access/edit drawings, edit and draw with commands that are specific to the electrical design environment, insert/create schematic and panel symbols, generate Bill of Materials, Wiring and other reports.
This module covers basic step-by-step workflow and takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- Understand the schematic design process
- Add wires
- Run report such as Bill of Materials
This module requires working knowledge of AutoCAD®, working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, 8, or 10 operating systems, and a background in electrical design. The module is focused on best practices and its industry applications. If you don't have experiences with AutoCAD®, we recommend you to take foundational training using one of the resources below:
- Built-in tutorials, available via in-product Help
- eLearning Partners
- Authorized Training Centers
About the author
This module was created by Tiffany Bachmeier, Consulting Delivery Manager.
Before you start
- Please make sure you have the AutoCAD software loaded.
- If you have technical difficulties, please reach out to product support.