Starting a Revit Project
0:00 / 0:00
Start a Revit Project - Exercise
To prepare a Revit model to have CAD files inserted into it, it is a good idea to do the following steps:
- Start a Revit model using either your organization’s template or the Construction-Default template that comes with Revit.
- In the Project Browser, select the Level 1 floor plan, right-click, and select Duplicate View>Duplicate, as shown below.
- Rename the new view to something that indicates CAD will be in that view, for example Level 1 CAD Background.
- Repeat the procedure for the South elevation and rename it to South CAD Background, as shown below.
- Save the model in your project folder with an easily identifiable name.