Professional | ~25 min.
Leveraging the I in BIM Through Revit Parameters
Module | Outcomes and capabilities
Welcome to Leveraging the I in BIM Through Revit Parameters. Information, the “I” in BIM (Building Information Modeling) is one of the most powerful aspects of Revit. Basically, if you need information from the model, you access it using parameters.
This module takes approximately 25 minutes to complete. By the end of the module, you should be able to:
- Identify parameters and why you might use them
- Review global, project, family, and shared parameters
- Create custom project parameters
- Create custom shared parameters
This module requires user-level knowledge of Revit and is focused on best practices and its industry applications. If you don't have experiences with this product, we recommend you to take foundational training using one of the resources below:
- Built-in tutorials, available via in-product Help
- eLearning Partners
- Authorized Training Centers
About the author
This module was created by Martha Orcutt, International Design LLC.
Before you start
- Please make sure you have the Revit software loaded.
- If you have technical difficulties, please reach out to product support.