Adding Elements to Option Sets
0:00 / 0:00
Add Elements to a Design Option - Exercise
With the options configured, it’s time to move our elements to those options.
To add elements to a design option, follow these steps:
- Open Revit.
- Open your architectural model.
- Make the 3D_Design Options view current, if necessary.
- Navigate to the front of the building.
- Select the front wall, the two curtain walls, the red sign, and the two adjoining walls on either side of the front wall. Hold <Ctrl> when selecting them to ensure they are all added to the selection set.
- Use the Filter to ensure you have 5 walls (including the 2 curtain walls) and 1 Generic Models (the red sign) selected.
- In the Status Bar, click the Add to Set button, as shown below.
- In the Add to Design Option Set dialog box, ensure the Building Front option set is selected in the drop-down list, then select both options and click OK.
- In the Project Browser, select the Basic Roof: Garden Roof family, right-click, and select Duplicate. Rename the copy to Garden Roof Blue.
- Right-click on Garden Roof Blue and select Type Properties.
- In the Type Properties dialog box, click Edit… next to Structure. In the Edit Assembly dialog box, change the material to Blue, Solid and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Edit Assembly dialog box, then click OK again to close the Type Properties dialog box.
- Select the four glass walls and the wavy roof.
- Use the Filter command as you have done previously to check you have 4 walls and 1 roof selected.
- Click the Add to Set button.
- In the Add to Design Option Set dialog box, select the Garden Roof option set from the drop-down list, then select all three options and click OK.
- Save the model.
You have now added all of your data to an option!