Attaching Walls to Non-Uniform Shapes
0:00 / 0:00
Attach Walls to Non-linear Surfaces – Exercise
To attach walls to the roof, follow these steps:
- Open Revit.
- Open your architectural model.
- Open the Garden Floor Plan.
- On the Architecture tab, click Wall.
- In Properties, do the following:
- Select Basic Wall Generic - 5″.
- Set the Base Offset to 0′-0″.
- Set the Unconnected Height to 12′-0″.
- Click Edit Type.
- In the Type Properties dialog box, click Duplicate…
- In the Name dialog box, enter Garden Roof and click OK.
- In the Type Properties dialog box, next to Structure, click Edit…
- In the Edit Assembly dialog box, change the Thickness to 3″.
- In the Material cell where it says <By Category>, click the […] button.
- Change the Material to Glass.
- Click OK to close the Material Browser.
- Click OK to close the Edit Assembly dialog box.
- Click OK one more time to close the Type Properties dialog box.
- In the Draw panel, click Pick Lines.
- Set the Offset to 6″.
- Pick the perimeter of the roof, as shown below.
- Go to the Garden Roof 3D view.
- Select all four walls.
- In the Modify | Walls tab, click Attach Top/Base.
- Select the roof.
- With the walls still selected, select Attach Wall: Base.
- Select the framing form work below the walls, as shown below.
There you go, a completed roof and attached walls.