Create a Landing Page (8:33 min)
0:00 / 0:00
Creating a Landing Page
What’s nice about Revit is the fact that we can actually create a startup page. That means that whenever we open a project, we will be greeted with a familiar view.
To create a landing page, follow these steps.
- Open Revit.
- Under Families, click New… as shown below:
- Go to Titleblocks
- Select E1 – 42x30.rft
- Click Open.
- On the Create tab, click the Label button.
- For alignment, select Middle Align and Align Center as shown below.
- Pick a spot in the middle of the rectangle in the model area.
In the Edit Label dialog, select Project Name, and click Add Parameter(s) to Label. as shown below.
- Click OK.
- Select the label.
- Click the grips on the right and left and stretch it to the edges of the window as shown below.
- Go to the insert tab.
- Click the Image button
- Find an image you’d like to bring into the landing page.
- Save the file as Landing Page, but do not close it.
- Open your architectural model.
- Go back to the Landing page file.
- Click Load into Project and Close.
- In the architectural model hit Esc.
- Right Click on Sheets (all)
- Select New Sheet.
- Select the Landing Page sheet.
- Click OK.
- Rename the sheet to 000-LANDING PAGE.
- Go to Manage
- On the Manage Project tab, click Starting View.
- Select the Landing Page sheet as your starting page.
Your project will now always open with this view current.