Creating RFIs Onsite using the BIM 360 Mobile App – Practice Exercise
It is assumed that the admin tasks such as activating the Project Management service and creating the RFI workflow are already completed.
Task 1: Reviewing the RFI panel on the BIM 360 Mobile App
1. From the bottom toolbar on the BIM 360 mobile app, tap on RFIs; the RFIs panel is displayed with all the existing RFIs that are associated with the current user, as shown in the following image:
2. Tap on any of the open RFIs; it is opened in its own window, as shown in the following figure:
3. Review the RFI.
Task 2: Creating a New RFI
1. From the bottom toolbar on the BIM 360 mobile app, tap on Documents; various folders are displayed.
2. From the Project Files > MEP folder, open the MEP Revit model.
3. Activate the 3D Mechanical view.
4. Navigate to the area shown in the following figure:
5. From the bottom toolbar, tap on RFI; you are prompted to place a new rfi.
6. Tap on the equipment shown in the following figure to create a new RFI; the New RFI window is displayed.
7. Enter the details in this window, as shown in the video. The following figure shows this window with the details added.
8. Tap on the camera button at the bottom of the New RFI window and take a photo.
9. Attach the photo to the RFI.
10. Tap Create on the top right of the New RFI window to create the new RFI.
Task 3: Submitting the RFI from the Web Browser Window
1. In the Chrome window, log on to the BIM 360 project.
2. Activate the Project Management module and notice the submitted RFI, as shown in the following figure:
3. Click on the Submitted RFI; it is opened in a separate window.
4. Click on the ACTIVITY tab and notice the activities related to this RFI.
5. From the Waiting for submission area at the top of the window, click on Submit to Reviewer, as shown below; the #Unspecified window is displayed.
6. Enter the RFI number and then click on Submit; the RFI status is set to Open and is submitted to the reviewer.
Task 4: Replying to the Open RFI from the Web Browser Window
1. In the Project Management environment, click on the open RFI.
2. Activate the ATTACHMENTS tab.
3. Attach a PDF file from your machine to the RFI.
4. From the Open area on the top of the window, click Submit official response, as shown in the following figure.
5. In the Official Response box, add details about the attached PDF file.
6. Click Submit; the status of the RFI is changed to ANSWERED, as shown in the following figure:
Task 5: Closing the Answered RFI from the Web Browser Window
1. In theProject Managementenvironment, click on the answered RFI.
2. Activate theACTIVITYtab.
3. Review the activities of the RFI and notice the attachments.
4. From theAnsweredarea on the top of the window, click Close and distribute, as shown in the following figure.
5. In the Add comment box, enter the comment about the answer being in the attached PDF file.
6. Click Close RFI; the status of the RFI is set to CLOSED.
Task 6: Reviewing the Closed RFI on the BIM 360 Mobile App
1. From the bottom toolbar on the BIM 360 Mobile app, tap on RFIs.
2. Drag the RFIs panel down to refresh it; the status of the recent RFI is shown as CLOSED; as shown below:
3. Tap on the closed RFI and review its information in the Activity tab, as shown in the following figure:
4. Similarly, create additional RFIs and go through the process of opening, responding, and closing those RFIs.